Coworking is a fun, social and productive alternative to working from home or the coffee shop. You need just a few essential things to cowork effectively at any of the Fort Collins coworking spaces.
- Your laptop & integrated or external wireless receiver + your power cord and any other laptop accessories you like to use.
- Your cell phone in case you use that to make work calls. Not all coworking spaces have land lines.
- A happy, helpful attitude.
- A project to work on or your normal daily work routine.
What to do when you arrive on your first day:
- Find the community manager or staff person. Get another tour if you need it.
- Pick a place to sit. Many coworking spaces have multiple seating options, the community manager can help you find just the right one.
- Introduce yourself to your fellow coworkers. Take a moment to learn what they’re working on and let them know what projects you’re tackling.
- Begin being wildly productive. Collaborate with others, ask them questions, offer advice or help your coworkers and start building your coworking community.
- Any questions or problems, ask your neighbor.
Not sure where the coworking spaces are in Fort Collins? Check out our list at the fo(c0)works coworking alliance at http://focoworks.com.